Thursday, February 12, 2004

The Great Indian Railway

Yesterday afternoon I was watching a documentary on The Indian Railways. Which is considered as one of the largest employer with 1.6 million employees. The documentary was more about the steam locomotives and the phasing out of thos locomotives. The way it was narrated made me that I was part of that system. I was able to understand the feeling of the people who had been tightly tied with these steam locomotives. The expression on their looked like they were crying when these locomotives were phased out.

The documentary also covered the Mumbai(Bombay) suburbs train. It took me back to the time when I was commuting through those trains, the way I used to get into them, and the people around me. Now everything has become a dream.

It is true that the Indian railways is the heart line of India with the largest network.

No comments: