Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Places Visited Last Year

In another 2 days I am completing 1 year of traveling. When I was in Delhi, I kept telling to myself that within a year I should see 50% of places around North India. Today when I see my list, it looks like I have achieved my target.

The places that I had visited in North India are
Mussoorie & Rishikesh
Mussoorie a small hill station in Dehradun. Two of my colleagues asked whether I am ready to join for the trip when I entered the office. The place and time of visit was unforgettable. On our return we visited the temples of Rishikesh and then traveled back to Delhi.

Vaishnavo Devi & Patnitop
The second place we visited was Vaishnavo Devi and Patnitop, situated in Jammu. The 14Kms walk to the shrine, with heavy security was a thrilling experience. We also visited the silent valley called Patnitop which is on the Srinagar Jammu high way.

Agra
During the month of September, I had the chance to visit the most spoken place in India, The Taj Mahal. For this trip we were around 9 people jammed in a Scorpio. The drive to Agra was simply superb, thanks to our Ex-prime minister. I need not explain anything about Taj Mahal. During this trip we also visited Fatehpur Sikri, Bharatpur, Mathura and Vrindavan.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good...enjoy travelling...wat is ur target for South India?

--Vani