Sunday, March 07, 2004

Buses @ Hometown

During my last week vacation I had the chance to travel from my hometown to my sister's village which is around 60Kms. I had to take a bus from Trichy to Thuraiyur first and then from Thuraiyur to Sobanapuram (Sister's Village). I was shocked to see the buses that were plying between Trichy and Thuraiyur. The 48Km is covered in 1hr to 1.15mins. All these buses have two 14" TVs with a DVD player. Also the audio systems in these buses are equivalent to the surround systems that we have in multiplex theatres.

Since my father was with one of the bus company I came to know from him that they use to change these DVD players every year. In one bus I was able to see Boss speakers fitted. This is not only with the private bus players, but also with the government buses. This shows that India is really shining.

No comments: